Congressman Trey Gowdy has been getting serious with his questioning of FBI Director James Comey, reminding him that leaks are a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
In the video below, you can hear Gowdy clearly making the point to Comey, who looks like he’s seen a ghost:
This exchange was particularly interesting:
- Gowdy: Do you agree much of what is learned from these programs is classified or otherwise legally protected?
- Comey: All FISA applications reviewed by the court collection by us pursuant to our FISA authority is classified.
- Gowdy: The dissemination of which is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison?
- Comey: Sure, dissemination — unauthorized dissemination.
- Gowdy: Unauthorized dissemination of classified or otherwise legally protected material punishable by a felony up to 10 years in federal prison.
- Comey: Yes. Yes, as it should be.